Hydrographic Data ProcessorOPEN
A-2-Sea are looking to recruit Hydrographic Data Processors with varying levels of experience to join their continuously expanding survey department.
A-2-Sea place a great emphasis on the individual, when assessing suitability for a role. Surveying in the coastal zone is rewarding, but challenging, and in our experience suits people who are hardworking, dynamic, and driven in achieving the objectives of a given project.
Hydrographic Data Processor Job description:
The position offers a variety of office-based responsibilities that would require the successful candidate to be based at A-2-Sea’s offices in Romsey. Although the position is primarily office-based, the role will require occasional trips offshore or away from home for short periods.
The key roles of the position include:
- Processing and QC of hydrographic data including multibeam bathymetry and positioning data.
- Assisting the Survey Data Manager to coordinate and submit deliverables to meet the client’s requirements.
- Report writing and interpretation of results.
- Assisting with planning and preparation of A-2-Sea survey projects.
- Occasional travel to site / vessel for data QC and onboard processing.
- Development of A-2-Sea’s processes and procedures.
- A strong knowledge of using industry software including Caris HIPS & SIPS and QPS QINSy.
- A higher education degree in hydrographic surveying or related science-based subject.
- Ability to problem solve and troubleshoot data where required.
- Excellent data management and coordination of large volumes of data.
- Capability to adjust workloads to meet the project’s deadlines
- Strong technical report writing.
- Good interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work both independently and as a team.
- Experience in hydrographic data acquisition in the coastal environment.
- Experience of working with a variety of data acquired by multibeam, positioning and USBL systems.
- Familiar with the data requirements of nautical charting, cable route and offshore renewable energy projects.
- Knowledge of software including, Applanix POSPac, BeamWorx AutoClean. QPS Qimera, QPS Fledermaus, Chesapeake SonarWiz and GIS platforms.
Remuneration bracket £22,000 - £40,000
This is an exciting opportunity for experienced surveyors or data processors to join and develop a growing and successful survey department. To apply for this position please send your CV and covering letter to Nicola Tucker: firstname.lastname@example.org