We are looking for an ambitious geophysicist to build, develop and lead the geophysical survey department within A-2-Sea.
For the right person, this is an exciting role with a unique opportunity to guide the strategic direction of the business.
A-2-Sea place a great emphasis on the individual when assessing suitability for a role. The ideal candidate for this position will be someone with several years of site-based experience looking to take on more responsibility in a shore-based role. Working both from home and our head office in Romsey, Hampshire, you'll be tasked with heading up the geophysical department and advancing our in-house capability.
You'll have involvement in all aspects of leading a successful survey department, including business development, team selection as well as survey technology adoption. The role of Principal Geophysicist is new to the business, and as such, the successful candidate will have the opportunity to grow into the role and tailor it to their own needs and ambitions.
Why join A-2-Sea as a Principal Geophysicist?
- This is a unique opportunity to lead our Geophysical Survey Department.
- Receive a competitive salary with excellent benefits.
- Work with industry experts from the expanding telecommunications sector.
- Gain challenging and diverse responsibilities with hands-on leadership opportunities.
- Mentor and guide your own team.
- Flexible working in a supportive culture.
- Join a business with a 25-year track record in the subsea cable industry.
The primary functions of the Principal Geophysicist role include:
- Advancing A-2-Sea's in-house geophysical capability.
- Ongoing research into the latest in survey technology.
- Development of A-2-Sea's geophysical processes and procedures.
- Recruitment and selection of team members to progress the geophysical department.
- Planning and preparation of survey projects.
- Providing guidance and expertise to site-based personnel.
Occasional duties may include:
- Assisting with the mobilisation of geophysical survey equipment, including Side Scan Sonar, Magnetometer/Gradiometer and Sub-Bottom Profiler.
- QC of geophysical data sets.
- Geophysical data processing, interpretation, and production of deliverables.
- Report writing and interpretation of results.
We are looking for a geophysicist with the following experience:
- Familiarity with a variety of survey equipment, including Edgetech and Klein Side Scan Sonars, Geometrics G882 Magnetometers / Gradiometers and Innomar Parametric Echosounders.
- Sound knowledge of industry software, including Chesapeake SonarWiz, Oasis Montaj and GIS.
- Minimum 4 years of experience in marine geophysical survey, ideally in the coastal zone.
- Considerable experience in leading and delivering vessel mobilisations.
- A higher education degree in a geophysical or technically related subject.
- Possession of a full, valid UK driving licence.
- Valid offshore medical and sea survival certification.
The successful candidate will be:
- A proactive problem-solver with the ability to execute tasks efficiently.
- Effective at written and verbal communication with good interpersonal skills.
- Keen to take on a leadership role with responsibility.
- Equally comfortable working in a team or independently.
- Able to understand how their actions impact their surrounding environment and the wider project.
Desirable skills and experience include:
- Experience in working on cable routes and offshore renewable energy projects in shallow water environments.
- Proficiency in operating a variety of sub-bottom profiler systems.
- Willing to occasionally travel from home to support the business in both geophysical survey and business development activities.
The Principal Geophysicist role is a truly exciting opportunity for those who want to help shape the future of our business.
Apply now online by uploading your CV and covering letter.
Applicants should be prepared that only those selected will receive notification about an interview via email or telephone call from HR team members within two weeks after receiving their application.