A-2-Sea are looking to expand their successful Survey Department, adding to their growing team of experienced professionals.
This is an exciting opportunity for experienced Geophysicists, who wish to specialise in applying core geophysical skills in the coastal zone, to lead and develop A-2-Sea’s geophysical capability.
A-2-Sea place a great emphasis on the individual when assessing suitability for a role. Surveying in the coastal zone is rewarding, but challenging, and in our experience suits people who are hardworking, dynamic, and driven in achieving the objectives of a given project.
The position offers a variety of responsibilities that would require the successful candidate to lead A-2-Sea’s geophysical services. This role includes working both offshore away from home in UK territorial waters and further afield, and onshore at A-2-Sea’s offices based in Romsey, to deliver all aspects of a project. The key roles of the position include:
- Planning and preparation of A-2-Sea survey projects.
- Mobilisation of survey equipment including Side Scan Sonar, Magnetometer, Gradiometer & Sub-Bottom Profiler.
- Working onboard survey vessels (12 and 24 hours operations), acquiring geophysical and hydrographic data with a variety of survey equipment.
- Data QC.
- Geophysical data processing, interpretation, and production of deliverables.
- Report writing and interpretation of results.
- Growing A-2-Sea’s geophysical capability
- Continuous investigation of new technologies to utilise in future projects.
- Development of A-2-Sea’s geophysical processes and procedures.
- Experience of a variety of survey equipment including Edgetech and Klein Side Scan Sonars, Geometrics G882 Magnetometers / Gradiometers and Innomar Parametric Echosounders.
- Strong knowledge of using industry software including Chesapeake SonarWiz and Oasis Montaj.
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in marine geophysical survey.
- A higher education degree in geophysical or a technically related subject.
- Willing to work away from home for periods of generally 2 to 4 weeks although periods away from home can vary from a few days to a few weeks.
- A proactive approach to achieving tasks.
- Good interpersonal and written communication skills.
- A keen interest in working in the coastal zone.
- Experience of working within a team but with the ability to work independently.
- Ability to understand how their actions impact their surrounding environment and the wider project.
- Possession of a full, valid UK driving licence.
- Experience in working on cable route and offshore renewable energy projects in shallow water environments.
- Ability to lead vessel mobilisations.
- Experience in operating a variety of sub-bottom profiler systems.
- Knowledge of GIS software.
- Holds valid offshore medical and sea survival certification.
This is an exciting opportunity for experienced Geophysicists to join and develop a growing and successful survey department.