Senior Hydrographic SurveyorOPEN
We are looking for an experienced hydrographic surveyor to continue advancing and developing the survey department within A-2-Sea.
A-2-Sea place a great emphasis on the individual when assessing suitability for a role. The ideal candidate for this position will be someone with several years of site-based experience looking to take on more responsibility while continuing to work offshore and onshore. Working remotely with opportunities for international travel, and also from our head office in Romsey, Hampshire, you'll be tasked with supporting the advancement of our in-house capability. You'll have involvement in various aspects of managing a successful survey department, including business development and survey technology adoption.
You'll be an integral part of survey project planning and delivery, working closely with clients, project managers and third-party contractors. If you are looking for an opportunity to utilise your skills within a well-established organisation whilst developing your career with the support of a dynamic team, please get in touch with us.
Why join A-2-Sea as a Senior Hydrographic Surveyor?
- This is a unique opportunity to play a vital role in our thriving survey department.
- Receive a competitive salary with excellent benefits.
- Work with industry experts from the expanding telecommunications sector.
- Gain challenging and diverse responsibilities with hands-on leadership opportunities.
- Mentor and guide the team.
- Flexible working in a supportive culture.
- Join a business with a 25-year track record in the subsea cable industry.
The primary functions of the Senior Hydrographic Surveyor role include:
- Planning, preparation and delivery of our survey projects.
- Mobilisation and calibration of survey equipment to both A-2-Sea's own survey vessels as well as vessels of opportunity.
- Acquisition of survey data using a variety of survey equipment.
- Providing project support, guidance and expertise to other survey team members.
- Supporting the logistics for survey projects working alongside surveyors, technicians and project managers.
- Data QC, data processing and production of deliverables.
- Report writing and interpretation of results.
- Input into the day-to-day management of a team of hydrographic surveyors, including training and development
- Continuous investigation of new technologies, such as UAVs and ASVs, to utilise in future projects.
- Help maintain strong relationships with customers and partners through continued communication, collaboration and development of client relationships.
- Development of A-2-Sea's survey processes and procedures.
We are looking for an experienced hydrographic surveyor with the following:
- Familiarity with various survey equipment, including Kongsberg, R2Sonic, Norbit and Reson multibeam systems, positioning systems and USBL systems.
- Sound knowledge of industry software including Caris HIPS & SIPS, QPS QINSy, QPS Qimera, BeamWorx AutoClean, QPS Fledermaus and Kongsberg SIS.
- Minimum 4 years of experience in marine survey, ideally in the coastal zone.
- Considerable experience in leading and delivering vessel mobilisations.
- A higher education degree in hydrographic surveying (ideally IHO Cat-A accredited) or related science-based subject.
- Possession of a full, valid UK driving licence.
- Valid offshore medical and sea survival certification.
- Experience of working within a team but with the ability to work independently.
- Ability to understand how their actions impact their surrounding environment and the wider project.
The successful candidate will be:
- Willing to work away from home for periods of generally 2 to 4 weeks, although periods away from home can vary from a few days to a few weeks.
- A proactive problem-solver, with the ability to execute tasks efficiently.
- Effective at written and verbal communication with good interpersonal skills.
- Keen to take on a senior role with responsibility.
- Equally comfortable working in a team or independently.
- Able to understand how their actions impact their surrounding environment and the wider project.
Desirable skills and experience include:
- Experience in working on nautical charting, cable route and offshore renewable energy projects in shallow water environments.
- Experience in operating Side Scan Sonar systems with data acquisition and QC.
- Knowledge of GIS software.
The Senior Hydrographic Surveyor role is a truly exciting opportunity for those looking to develop their careers and join a well-established, fast-moving business.
Apply now online by uploading your CV and covering letter.
Applicants should be prepared that only those selected will receive notification about an interview via email or telephone call from HR team members within two weeks after receiving their application.