Hydrographic Surveyor (Varying levels of experience)OPEN
Following a period of successful growth, A-2-Sea are looking to recruit Hydrographic Surveyors with varying levels of experience to join their continuously expanding Survey Department.
A-2-Sea place a great emphasis on the individual when assessing suitability for a role. Surveying in the coastal zone is rewarding, but challenging, and in our experience suits people who are hardworking, dynamic, and driven in achieving the objectives of a given project.
All applicants must be eligible to work in the UK.
The position offers a variety of responsibilities that would require the successful candidate to work both offshore away from home and onshore at A-2-Sea’s offices based in Romsey, to deliver all aspects of a project, with opportunities for international travel. The key roles of the position include:
- Planning and preparation of A-2-Sea survey projects.
- Continuous investigation of new technologies, such as UAVs and ASVs to utilise in future projects.
- Mobilisation and calibration of survey equipment to A-2-Sea’s survey vessels as well as vessels of opportunity.
- Acquisition of hydrographic and geophysical data using a variety of survey equipment.
- Data QC.
- Data processing and production of deliverables.
- Report writing and interpretation of results.
- Development of A-2-Sea’s processes and procedures.
- Experience of a variety of survey equipment including Kongsberg, R2Sonic, Norbit and Reson multibeam systems, positioning systems and USBL systems.
- A higher education degree in hydrographic surveying (ideally IHO Cat-A accredited) or related science-based subject.
- Willing to work away from home for periods of generally 2 to 4 weeks although periods away from home can vary from a few days to a few weeks.
- A proactive approach to achieving tasks.
- Good interpersonal and written communication skills.
- A keen interest in working in the coastal zone.
- Experience of working within a team but with the ability to work independently.
- Ability to understand how their actions impact their surrounding environment and the wider project.
- Possession of a full, valid UK driving licence.
- Experience in working on nautical charting, cable route and offshore renewable energy projects in shallow water environments.
- Ability to lead vessel mobilisations.
- User of software including Caris HIPS & SIPS, QPS QINSy, QPS Qimera, BeamWorx AutoClean, QPS Fledermaus and Kongsberg SIS.
- Experience in operating Side Scan Sonar systems with data acquisition and QC.
- Knowledge of GIS software.
- Holds valid offshore medical and sea survival certification.
This is an exciting opportunity for experienced Hydrographic Surveyors to join and develop a growing and successful Survey Department. All applicants must be eligible to work in the UK.