A-2-Sea Marine Joints
A-2-Sea has successfully designed and qualified two purpose-built marine joints, which deliver high reliability with significantly lower component and equipment cost.
The joints have been designed to meet specific customer needs, including minimising jointing equipment and tooling, high fibre count capacity, compact size and the ability to be installed under MPGU conditions. With an outstanding track record for reliability, the highly versatile system offers a simple, cost-effective solution to shallow water jointing. The joints are subjected to the same qualification regime as more expensive joints.
Deployment is quick and straightforward, and our team of highly qualified jointers can respond rapidly to requirements on a global scale.
Key features of the A-2-Sea shallow water joints
- Cost-effective, reliable joint for powered and unpowered systems
- Moulded for powered systems and heatshrink joint options for non-powered systems
- High fibre count capacity of up to 96 fibres
- Designs are versatile and adaptable and can be used to connect different cable designs (kingwire to loose tube, for example)
- Moulded joint is qualified for OALC4 SA and SL17L SA cable-to-cable joints, including hybrid OALC4 SA to SL17L SA joint installations
- Heatshrink joint is simple, low-cost assembly tooling with cost-effective spares and is qualified for Pirelli 18.5 SA and Hexatronic 15T SAH
- Detailed step-by-step assembly instructions for specific joint technologies, providing installation engineers with all required information in a single document.
Simple, low-cost assembly tooling and cost-effective spares kit
High fibre count capacity of up to 96 fibres
Qualified up to 200m water depth
- Qualified to the same qualification regime as more expensive joints
- Can be installed or repaired under MPGU conditions
- A-2-Sea can quickly and easily qualify a new cable type for customer system requirements
- A-2-Sea is agile, responsive and specialises in rapid mobilisation. Heatshrink joints and tooling can be carried by hand, enabling the deployment of teams quickly and economically
- Available from stock