Land Cable Maintenance and Repair
A-2-Sea has been providing specialist subsea cable maintenance and repair services for 25 years.
A-2-Sea maintains various subsea optical telecommunication cables that land in the UK. Additionally, we also maintain many of the UK’s inland subaqueous telecommunication cables, subsea optical telecoms cables in Europe as well as other international locations.
Fibre Optic Cable Maintenance and Rapid Response Repair Services
While it is common practice for a telecoms cable owner to have a maintenance solution to repair their cable system in the marine environment, the capability to repair the cable in the terrestrial environment is often overlooked. However, this is just as critical as a marine maintenance solution. A-2-Sea offers a 24/7 full maintenance standby service for telecoms cable systems landing in many countries worldwide, providing a rapid response to faults between the Cable Landing Station (CLS) and the intertidal zone, including the land route, Beach Manhole (BMH) and the beach landing.
Responding to an electrical failure, optical failure or cable exposure, A-2-Sea can mobilise a fully qualified team of jointing and testing engineers, equipment and maintenance spares to identify and rectify the fault, including the replacement of a beach joint, land joint or land cable section. Our highly experienced jointing team utilises our qualified jointing products with a comprehensive suite of equipment to deliver an exceptional service to our subsea cable clients globally.
While keeping time, costs and downtime to a minimum, our comprehensive range of services includes jointing, warehousing of clients’ equipment, cabling operations, beach excavation, and earthing systems.
Our subsea telecoms cable maintenance and repair services typically cover:
- Shallow water and river crossing cables.
- Subsea optical system land routes.
- At-sea cable jointing support.
- Emergency reburial of exposed subsea optical cable shore ends.
- Maintenance and repair of equipment, ducts, signage and navigational aids.
maintenance standby service
response time for initial repair assessments in the UK
- 24/7 call out service covering the cable system from the CLS to the BMH, including the beach joint and intermediate joints.
- Highly experienced jointing engineers, testing engineers and cabling gang
- A tailored response time can be provided to the cable owner, in the UK, aiming to be on site within 12 hours for an initial repair assessment and a repair solution mobilised within 24 hours.
- Remove and replace faulty plant, install replacement plant using cable systems spares and test.
- Can offer the facility to store and mobilise system spares on cable owners behalf including testing annually, maintaining equipment and replacing perishables in joint kits.
- Spares procurement service
- Jointing and testing equipment is hand transportable
- Provide joint qualification service if required.
- Our fast cable response and repair service helps to minimise system downtime.
- With a fully flexible and bespoke offering, we can tailor our services to meet customer requirements regarding service and response levels.
- For customers with multiple cable landing with the same technology, A-2-Sea can manage one common set of spares, saving on capital expenditure and storage charges.
- For customers with cable systems from multiple manufacturers, A-2-Sea can provide its universal beach and land joint to cover all the systems, avoiding the need for holding multiple spares for each manufacturer.
- Support vehicles on 24/7 standby
- Beach cable detecting
- Fibre splicing rigs
- Optical Time Domain Reflectometers with mapping capture
- Earth and electrical testing with 500v capability
- Pressure testing equipment
- Power grounding equipment