Subsea Cable Maintenance and Repair
A-2-Sea offer a comprehensive range of subsea cable maintenance and repair services
We support our telecommunications clients globally delivering services to ensure their subsea cable systems are protected and performing optimally.
Marine Subsea Telecoms Cable Repair Operations
Our services in this area include:
- Emergency or planned call out for submarine cable system faults
- Marine repair planning
- Mobilisation and demobilisation of cable ship
- Provision of offshore customer representative
- Provision of onshore repair manager
- Management of marine repair operation.
Cable analysis qualification
With the potential to cause significant issues for asset owners, subsea cable failure can occur through various means, including turbulent weather, fishing activity, improper installation, earthquakes and dredging. Upon completion of cable repair, a cable analysis should be performed on a sample of the damaged cable to determine the fault cause. At A-2-Sea, our highly qualified team provide this cable analysis as a complimentary service to our clients, complete with a comprehensive, clear report on the origin of the failure.
Subsea Cable Recovery
A-2-Sea works with its clients to recover or move an existing fibre optic cable system. The system may be placed into storage for future use or, after recovery, installed in a new location. In either case, A-2-Sea provides expert inspection and testing of the recovered system. When held in our storage facility, we provide scheduled testing and turning of the cable.
If required, we can also dispose of the recovered cable with appropriate certification.
Cable Storage and Testing
A-2-Sea has a secure depot for storage of customers’ equipment and spare cable and provides periodic testing to ensure the cable conforms to system requirements. A-2-Sea offers a comprehensive optical and electrical cable testing service. Our trained and experienced team test and characterise subsea optical cable systems, and provide full data-packs to system owners and customers.
As part of system maintenance contracts, customer repair cables are regularly tested and documented at our secure storage facilities in Hampshire.
- Manage marine maintenance spares
- Manage third party damage claims
- Expert witness
- Representation at Cable System Consortia and Cable Management Agreement Meetings.
- Cable crossing and proximity agreements
- Fishing liaison
- Fouled Cable Incident Management
- Ad hoc operations and maintenance, offshore liaison.
- Shallow Water installations
- CLS equipment installation
- Land route and marine surveys
- Recovery operations: cable landing station equipment, land cable, land joint, inshore and offshore shallow water marine cable
- Remedial shore end operations: emergency shore end reburial, planned shore end reburial, shore end excavation/slack management
- Navigational aid: emergency and planned refurbishment and replacement.